Lots of large stores are now creating ration boxes full of “essential items” for a flat fee and Mark’s and Spencer have released theirs. Here’s what I think!
Marks and Spencer
You can choose between two different boxes – a vegetarian one priced at £30 and one containing meat and fish which is an extra £5.
- Fusilli (500g)
- Baked beans (220g)
- Tomato and herb pasta sauce (550g)
- Beef Bolognese pour over pasta sauce (340g)
- Chunky vegetable soup (400g)
- Basmati rice (500g)
- Cream of tomato soup (400g)
- Chunky steak (206g)
- Rich roast instant coffee (100g)
- English breakfast tea bags (125g/50 bags)
- Scottish all butter homebaked style shortbread squares (200g)
- Dark chocolate (100g)
- Milk chocolate (100g)
- Prime corned beef (205g)
- Wild Alaskan red salmon (213g)
- Vegetable curry (400g)
- Roasted and salted large peanuts (200g)
- Giant milk chocolate buttons (150g)
- Percy Pig™ (170g)
- Soft white 2-ply toilet tissue (pack of 4)
Priority online is being given to those aged over 70 with a Sparks card so that M&S can identify their age.
All of the boxes are limited to one per customer. As well as the cost of the box, customers will also have to pay an additional £3.99 delivery fee.
This seems to be a fairly priced ration box and great to see that there’s a vegetarian option as well as being able to add in meat for an extra fiver. I love that they’ve added in a pack of Percy Pigs too! It’s going to be important to have those additional treats during what’s going to be a stressful time for many. The shortbread is a delicious choice although I’m not sure how long that pack would last in my house – probably just a few hours if that!
You can order here.